Bahrain F1 tickets ‘selling fast’
Manama, April 3, 2013
Organisers of the biggest event in Bahrain say tickets are selling fast for the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
There are just 16 days to go until the Formula One weekend at the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC), taking place from April 19 to 21.
No details on ticket sales have been given, but a statement issued by organisers yesterday stated "tickets are flying", said the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Anticipation is running high following a lightening start to the season, which has seen Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel claim victories - the latter in controversial style when he defied team orders and overtook teammate Mark Webber.
"This year's on track action is proving to be just as spectacular as Bahrain's 2012 Grand Prix, when the race for victory was played out by Red Bull's fast-starting Vettel and the Lotus of 2007 champion Raikkonen, whose strategy only just failed to beat the three-time champion at the finish," said a BIC statement.
"In 2013, the first two races of the year have seen Raikkonen take victory in Australia and Vettel claim the win in Malaysia but with the rest of the field - including Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes - all threatening to win in Bahrain, the scene is set for another fantastic sporting spectacle."
One of the world's best-known DJs, Calvin Harris, will perform along with R&B star Ne-Yo after the race on April 21.
There will also be a range of family entertainment throughout the three days including colourful dance troupes from Mexico and India, European tap dancers, African acrobats, Russian folk performers, DJs, pipers, comedians and face painters. Tickets can be purchased for all three days of the race weekend or for race day alone.
"All three-day ticket holders get exclusive bonuses, including access to the Pit Lane Walk activity on April 18, entry to supporting races during the Bahrain GP, access to the F1 Village and entry to Ne-Yo and Calvin Harris performances," said the statement.
Seats are still available in each of the grandstands located around the BIC.
"A Friday roaming ticket can also be purchased for those looking to experience the many vantage points around the track, while tickets can also be bought for the Gulf Air Club lounge," it said.
Prior to the event, the GP2 Series will get underway with its first two rounds of the season.
Tickets can be purchased at the BIC stands at Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall, at the BIC Welcome Centre located at the circuit entrance and at all Batelco branches around Bahrain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released