ViewSat unveils big Mena expansion plans
Dubai, April 2, 2013
ViewSat, a global provider of broadcast and transmission services for television and radio channels, is making substantial investments in the Mena region as part of its regional expansion strategy, said a top official on the sidelines of Cabsat, the region's largest broadcast digital media & satellite expo, which was held in Dubai recently.
Headquartered in the UK, the ViewSat operates a series of satellite broadcasting platforms, supplemented with a dedicated fiber network, teleports and playout centre to provide a high-quality infrastructure for customers’ digital satellite broadcasting.
"Armed with the appropriate network and systems in place to reach global audiences, with our focus on the Middle East and wider global expansion, we felt attending such a high-profile event like Cabsat in Dubai to showcase this was the next step. It turned out to be a fantastic event for us," remarked Awaes Jaswal, the CEO of ViewSat.
"It’s always great to see our clients face-to-face and to have the opportunity to meet new ones, and that’s what trade shows like this provide," he noted.
The exhibition, said Jaswal, provided a perfect platform to meet current and prospective customers, network with industry leaders and generate awareness about ViewSat’s advanced broadcasting capabilities.
ViewSat showcased their expanded expertise - now offering broadcast services, not only in Sub-Saharan Africa, but also the expansion of their services network throughout Mena, Europe and North America.
The company has made significant and ongoing investment in satellite platforms, fibre networks and hardware to provide secure, reliable distribution of TV and radio programmes direct to homes.
“We were in a great location and around 1,200 people visited our stand to talk to us, which was fantastic. The event helped us to raise our profile and we will definitely be exhibiting at next year’s event,” he added.
ViewSat already has a range of clients in the Mena region including Tunisia Television 1, Aedoon, Preferred Media, Aden TV, Sheba TV and Al Eman.
ViewSat plans even further expansion into the region this month specifically in relation to its streaming capability.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing