Yanni to perform in Bahrain tonight
Manama, April 2, 2013
Legendary composer Yanni will perform his sold-out concert at the Bahrain National Theatre tonight.
He will be accompanied on stage by his orchestra, which features 15 top musicians from around the world, forming an orchestral "United Nations" - as he likes to call it - that brings people together through the shared language of music, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
In his performance, he will play some of his best-known classics, as well as selections from his 2011 studio album, Truth of Touch.
The concert is part of Yanni's 'World Without Borders' tour, and is among the flagship events of the Culture Ministry's eighth Spring of Culture programme and year-long Manama Capital of Arab Tourism 2013 programme.
Yanni's unique contemporary symphonic music is drawn from various influences and has earned him legions of fans across the globe. He first rose to fame in 1990 with his first platinum album Reflections of Passion, followed by two Grammy-nominated albums, Dare to Dream and In My Time.
In 1993, he was catapulted into global superstardom with Yanni Live at the Acropolis. The live performance was broadcast to more than half a billion people in 65 countries, and firmly established his legacy as a truly global artist.
To date, Yanni has sold more than 35 million albums worldwide, and held concerts at some of the world's most famous landmarks in front of hundreds of millions of people. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released