Thousands flock to Du's music festival
Dubai, March 31, 2013
Thousands of music-lovers flocked last weekend to concerts of the third du World Music Festival, being held in association with Samsung in Dubai.
Fans flocked to many concerts – one featuring superstar rockers Guns N’ Roses, the others with Arab crooner Kadim Al Saher Hussein Al Jasmi, and Sherine to enjoy an evening of entertainment presented by du Live!.
Following the success of the opening concert on March 22 featuring the mellow tones of Andrea Bocelli, fans at both concerts were thrilled with the performances of such international legends, a statement said.
“The third du World Music Festival is off to a superb start, and we’re absolutely elated with the response we’ve had from music-lovers in the UAE so far,” said Hala Badri, executive vice president, Brand and Communications, du.
“Andrea Bocelli, Guns N’ Roses, Kadim Al Saher, Hussein Al Jasmi and Sherine gave riveting performances, leaving fans with memories that they won’t forget for a lifetime – which is exactly what we hope to achieve through our annual World Music Festival.
“We’re eagerly looking forward to the concerts yet to come, which promise even more world-class, unbeatable entertainment,” Badri added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps