BenQ hosts gaming tournaments
Dubai, March 26, 2013
BenQ, a leading provider of digital lifestyle innovations, launched a series of gaming competitions in Dubai to showcase its award-winning flagship gaming monitors in the region.
BenQ, together with Que Club Network Games, organised the 5v5 Eu-West League of Legends (LoL) Gaming Tournament with 15 teams of five members participating across the GCC region.
Winning teams of the LoL tournament were given cash prizes. Among the winning teams were Undefined from Sharjah, UAE, taking the first prize; Om9achma from Kuwait for second place; and Chaotic Gaming and DumHolics from UAE for third and fourth places respectively.
“The UAE has a big share in the online gaming industry as it was ranked 5th largest in the Middle East for internet usage according to experts at last year’s Dubai World Game Expo,” said Manish Bakshi, managing director, BenQ Middle East and Africa.
“With the online gaming market in the region witnessing a phenomenal growth and is considered among the fastest growing markets in the world, BenQ ensures that we cater to the needs of our gaming enthusiasts with our top-of-the-line gaming monitors providing the best performance and experience.”
Bakshi added that BenQ’s range of gaming monitors, which are the leading choice of top gamers worldwide, signifies the company’s commitment to develop cutting-edge pro gaming monitors with exquisite features that bring pro gamers' performance to the next level.
“The League of Legends online gaming have had huge followers in the region and we collaborated with Que Club to bring together the leading gamers in the region and battle out one another using the award-winning XL2420T monitor, co-developed with the expertise of prominent Counter-Strike legends worldwide,” said Bakshi.
The League of Legends (LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows, inspired by the popular Defense of the Ancients map for Warcraft III. LoL has a huge following with over 32 million registrations and averages 12 million players worldwide per day.
Meanwhile, BenQ, in association with Tahadi Games, also organised Café Tours across the UAE for top point blank (PB) players in the country. The top PB players were able to compete and play in these leading cafes across different emirates such as Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, and Al Ain.
With the Middle East accounting more than $100 million in revenues from online gaming, the UAE especially Dubai serves as a major hub for online and video gaming industry in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released