Nissan ME wins big for creative marketing
Dubai, March 25, 2013
Nissan Middle East won two silver and three bronze medals for its innovative marketing from the Dubai Lynx Festival of Creativity 2013, which honours pioneers in the creativity field.
Nissan has once again won more awards than any other automotive manufacturer, a statement said.
Earlier Nissan completely dominated the Gemas Effies and Cristal Mena Awards held for the region, it added.
Samir Cherfan, director, Marketing and Sales, Nissan Middle East said: “Nissan embeds its global brand philosophy of ‘Innovation and Excitement’ into everything it does; from our extensive range of vehicles to the way in which we market them.”
“Recognition from the leading creative marketing minds in the Middle East is testament that we are creating impactful, relevant and memorable campaigns which resonate with the region’s marketplace. We are honoured to receive these awards and commit to building on this success in the coming year.”
Nissan Middle East won the awards for its ‘Crash Text Dummies’; ‘Tyre Wreaths’; and ‘Speed Personified’ campaigns.
The Crash Text Dummies campaign was conceived as a means to raise awareness on the dangers of texting while driving. A series of towering sculptures, created from the wrecked remains of crashed cars, were crafted into the shape of popular text abbreviations, for example, ‘FYI’. The interest generated from by-standers and via social media demonstrated its effectiveness.
Also picking up on the theme of road safety, ‘Tyres Wreaths’ highlighted the need for vigilance in tyre maintenance. Tyres were carved into funereal wreaths and displayed at service counters of Arabian Automobiles Company, Nissan’s exclusive distributor in Dubai and the Northern Emirates. Meanwhile, Nissan’s iconic 370Z campaign in the form of ‘Speed Personified’ collected two more awards.
The event at the Madinat, Dubai saw nearly one thousand of the media industries’ creative leaders and VIPs come together to recognise the best campaigns from the past year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film