Al Jazeera Arabic launches new look
Manama, March 24, 2013
Al Jazeera, the Arab world’s leading news channel, recently unveiled a radically revamped look involving a transformation of news studios, programmes studios, and on-air graphics.
The biggest refresh at the channel since 2004 can be seen from today in standard definition, and for the first time, HD on Nilesat. Social media interactivity will be even more integrated into the output.
Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani, director general of Al Jazeera Media Network, said: “The Al Jazeera screen is part of people’s homes, so we’ve exerted a great deal of effort to modernize our presentation and look.”
“We have employed the best and latest technology in the industry to maximize the production value. Al Jazeera has distinguished itself through outstanding news coverage and reports. Today, it adds more to its account through the new look.
“This is the first phase of a comprehensive progression plan for the network which includes launching new programs. I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to our audience, and all staff for their dedication to continuously perfecting the performance of our network,” he added.
“This takes the high quality production standards of Al Jazeera to a new level. Viewers will now enjoy sharper pictures, bringing them even closer to the news. SD viewers will also benefit from the clearest possible picture quality. We always put our audience and their expectations at the heart of what we do,” Al Thani concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue