GFF to honour veteran Mohammed Jaber
Dubai, March 19, 2013
The Gulf Film Festival (GFF) 2013 will honour Kuwaiti stage and film actor, writer and arts administrator Mohammed Jaber, a fixture of the artistic scene in Kuwait and the wider GCC for over 50 years.
Jaber performed the lead role in the touching 2012 GFF film Al Salhiyah, directed by Kuwaiti filmmaker Sadeq Behbehani.
Masoud Amralla Al Ali, GFF director, said: “Before the unprecedented rise in cinematic activity that we are currently seeing in the Gulf, there were dedicated artists such as Mohamed Jaber who laid the foundation we now build upon with the GFF. Versed in writing and acting in both theatre and television, forming and running thriving theatre companies, this veteran and his colleagues entertained generations of delighted fans in the GCC.
“Jaber’s long career speaks about his passion for the work and his incredible dedication to his craft. Honouring this legendary actor at GFF this year is a small token of our gratitude,” he said.
Jaber will be honoured on the opening night of the sixth edition of the Gulf Film Festival, in Dubai, on April 11. The festival, presented by The Investment Corporation of Dubai and held in association with Dubai Studio City, will run until April 17. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut
- Yas Waterworld launches pearl diving show