GFF to honour veteran Mohammed Jaber
Dubai, March 19, 2013
The Gulf Film Festival (GFF) 2013 will honour Kuwaiti stage and film actor, writer and arts administrator Mohammed Jaber, a fixture of the artistic scene in Kuwait and the wider GCC for over 50 years.
Jaber performed the lead role in the touching 2012 GFF film Al Salhiyah, directed by Kuwaiti filmmaker Sadeq Behbehani.
Masoud Amralla Al Ali, GFF director, said: “Before the unprecedented rise in cinematic activity that we are currently seeing in the Gulf, there were dedicated artists such as Mohamed Jaber who laid the foundation we now build upon with the GFF. Versed in writing and acting in both theatre and television, forming and running thriving theatre companies, this veteran and his colleagues entertained generations of delighted fans in the GCC.
“Jaber’s long career speaks about his passion for the work and his incredible dedication to his craft. Honouring this legendary actor at GFF this year is a small token of our gratitude,” he said.
Jaber will be honoured on the opening night of the sixth edition of the Gulf Film Festival, in Dubai, on April 11. The festival, presented by The Investment Corporation of Dubai and held in association with Dubai Studio City, will run until April 17. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
- City Seasons backs European MICE event