Grammy-award legends to perform in Dubai
Dubai, March 14, 2013
Nine-time Grammy-award winner, singer, songwriter and performer Natalie Cole and double Grammy winner Frank Gambale will take centre stage at the upcoming 'du World Music Festival' in Dubai.
Forming an integral part of this year’s concert series, the two world-class performers are scheduled to be part of the Jazz and Blues Night on March 29 at the Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, said the event organisers.
The 'du World Music Festival concerts will be held in Abu Dhabi (du Arena), Dubai (Dubai Media City Amphitheatre and Dubai Tennis Stadium) and Ras Al Khaima (Ice Land water park) from March 22 to April 6.
In association with Samsung, du World Music Festival 2013 has already confirmed a line up of local, regional and internationally artists including super stars Amr Diab, Hussain Al Jasmi, Kazim Al Saher, Shereen, Train and Eraser heads and for this year’s edition.
Returning to the UAE, Natalie Cole, the daughter of music legend Nat King Cole, inherited not just her father’s legacy but talent. Natalie rose to success in the mid 70s as an R&B artist with songs like "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)", "Inseparable" and "Our Love" and in 1987; Cole produced a pop album, Everlasting, and her version of Bruce Springsteen's "Pink Cadillac".
In the 1990s, she re-recorded standards by her father, resulting in her biggest success, Unforgettable... with Love, which sold over seven million copies. She has sold over 30 million records worldwide.
An Australian jazz-fusion guitarist, Frank Gambale not only boasts a double Grammy win, but also has demonstrated his undisputed genius in the music scene since early 1980.
The originator of the sweep picking technique and a songwriter with more than 200 songs published on 20+ albums, Gambale is an inspiration to musicians in Jazz, rock, metal and progressive genres alike.
"It is indeed remarkable to have such great legends perform at du World Music festival this year. Every year, we witness a great line up of artists and this edition is no different," remarked Hala Badri, the executive VP, Brand and Communications, du.
"The festival continues to grow with its star-studded performers from the region and across the globe. It has become an integral part of events calendar in the UAE and we will strive to bring world-class musicians to cater to the expectation of our customers," she added.
A festival of music and pure entertainment, du World Music Festival will showcase some of the world’s most talented performers with a repertoire that covers numerous genres for everyone.
Tickets for the Jazz and Blues Night are now available online at Virgin Megastores across the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Grammy |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat