Bayt.com records 1m users on public platform
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Bayt.com, the region’s number one job site, announced that its public profile platform at people.bayt.com has surpassed one million users.
The product empowers people in the region to create a single professional profile page on the Internet that captures and presents their unique career-related identities online. This enables them to easily be found by employers, peers as well as potential referral and endorsement sources and clients.
On a daily basis, around 2,000 professionals choose to turn their private CVs into professional public profiles on Bayt.com, where they are searchable by employers and peers alike through the pioneering platform.
The product also sees more than 15,000 daily site visits, where Internet-users browse through the smart online identities on Public Profiles of people who are career-savvy and forward looking.
Bayt.com has also announced that some major new features will be rolled out on the People channel very soon to mark the site’s upcoming 13th anniversary.
The Middle East’s leading jobsite continues to enable and empower online CV creation at different levels of privacy from completely private, to semi-confidential, to public, in order to cater to all career levels and sensitivities.
However, the trend has been for a strongly accelerated uptake of the public platform as more professionals realize the importance of their professional credentials being accessible to a wider circle of employers and peers.
“This milestone is an incredible one to achieve, and one that we are very proud to announce. It is a reflection of Bayt.com’s mission and continuous efforts to empower our users by providing them with the tools and information they need to lead their lifestyle of choice,” said Omar Tahboub, VP of Product, Bayt.com.
“Public Profiles is one such example of how our pioneering spirit increases the exposure of professionals to more opportunities, whether or not they are looking for jobs. In addition to allowing members to show off their experience in a professional layout, the product is a great way for professionals to market their online ‘selves’.
“It also promotes better connectivity, knowledge-sharing, and more between peers and employers. The business sphere is changing as the world adopts more digital habits, and we are at the leading edge of this change through our People portal and Public Profiles. We are very excited about unveiling our upcoming new features, will are extremely innovative and will certainly change the way people in the region communicate together about their fields.”
As the results of Bayt.com’s ‘Hiring Management in the Mena’ poll indicate, it is increasingly important for job seekers to have a professional online presence: 84 per cent of employers in the Mena region take the time to research candidates before making their final decision, and 29.2 per cent say that the biggest challenge they face is sourcing relevant candidates for senior executive and management positions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps