Arab 99's gear up for aviation get-together
Manama, March 9, 2013
The Arabian Section of the 99's International Women Pilots Organisation, which was founded in 1929 for the mutual support and advancement of women pilots, met in Bahrain to discuss their 2013 plans for an aviation get-together in the Gulf.
Lady pilots from Jordan attended the event including governor of the Arabian section Alia Twal, who said the first meeting was a success and it was time to make plans for this year. The meeting was held at the Mšvenpick Hotel Bahrain, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
She was accompanied by first officer of the Royal Jordanian Airlines Adele Nahas and Mary Mavis Uzaizi, first officer with Qatar Airways.
They were joined by Gulf Air's first lady captain Vanessa Umba, Gulf Air's first officer Yasmeen Fraidoon and private pilot and former governor of Arabian section Yvonne Trueman. The 99's is an organisation formed in 1929 by Amelia Earhart, who called for a meeting in New York that was attended by 99 lady pilots.
The organisation now has more than 5,000 women pilots in 35 countries ranging from micro light pilots to astronauts.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat