Admaf, Institut Francais ink arts agreement
Abu Dhabi, March 7, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation (Admaf) and The Institut Francais have signed a letter of cooperation wherein they agree to explore collaboration in exhibitions, events, and other joint activities to foster the growth of arts education in the UAE.
The agreement was signed at the recent opening ceremony of the 10th edition of the Abu Dhabi Festival, which will go on until March 31, a statement from Admaf said.
Hoda I Al Khamis Kanoo, founder and artistic director of Abu Dhabi Festival, said: “Committed to strengthening Abu Dhabi’s position as an international cultural destination Abu Dhabi Festival is truly a festival of partnerships.”
“Building strategic partnerships not only ensures that the festival continues to welcome world-class talent, but furthers our mutual goals of reaching out to all the communities within the UAE and promoting regional talent abroad.”
“Arts education is our core mandate, but it cannot be undertaken alone - it is a collective enterprise requiring shared resources, goals and ideals, and the Institut Francais will be an earnest partner going forward.”
The signing brings the total number of Admaf’s international strategic partners to 16, which includes La Chapelle Musicale Reine Elisabeth, Belgium; Fondazione Arena di Verona, Italy; Carnegie Hall, USA; Bozar, Belgium; Institut du Monde Arabe, France; Royal Opera House, UK; Manchester International Festival, UK; Edinburgh International Festival, UK; The Metropolitan Opera, USA; Jazz at Lincoln Centre, USA; British Council, UK; Jordan Media Institiute; Baalbeck Festival, Lebanon; and The Mariinsky, Russia; Partnerships between Abu Dhabi Festival organiser Admaf and organisations include the Royal Opera House (ROH), Manchester International Festival (MIF), Edinburgh Festival and Carnegie Hall.
Denis Douveneau, director of Institut Francais (UAE), said: “Our core priority is to strengthen the exchanges of culture and ideas between France and the UAE. The Abu Dhabi Festival promotes the best of international and regional arts every year, providing a diverse range of artistic experiences that stimulates Abu Dhabi audiences to continue to educate and challenge themselves in their appreciation of the arts.”
“On its own, the Institut Français (UAE) has the ambition to build bridges between the two cultures and broaden the spectrum of mutual understanding. With continued cooperation, we are confident that both artists and audiences in the UAE and France will benefit.”
The Institut Francais also partnered with the Alliance Francaise to bring an HD recording of the Opera National de Paris production of Bizet’s Carmen to this year’s Abu Dhabi Festival, showing March 12 at the Vox Cinema Marina Mall, the statement said.
The Institut Francais is a French cultural agency dedicated to building cultural collaborations between France and the UAE. Previous projects undertaken jointly by Admaf and the Institut include the October 2012 performance at Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi entitled ‘Debussy, Poet of the Avant-Garde,’ which paired French pianist Hugues Leclère and the Emirati operatic soprani Sara Al Qaiwani on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the composer’s birth. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film