Memac Ogilvy names Mena consumer head
Beirut, March 3, 2013
Memac Ogilvy Public Relations, the Mena division of leading global communications firm Memac Ogilvy & Mather, has appointed Ema Linaker as the new head of its regional consumer & social practice.
In her new role, Linaker will provide strategic leadership for consumer clients across the organization’s regional network. She brings more than fifteen years of experience in communications and public relations on both national and international stages.
Linaker has held senior positions on both the client and the agency side, and has operated her own communications consultancy. She has handled public relations across many industries and geographies in both the private and public sectors, including Google, ICI Dulux, Nestle, and P&G.
“This appointment marks our commitment to a future where social communications drives consumer behavior,” said Saada Hammad, MemacOgilvy PR’s group public relations director.
“She brings a wealth of experience across a wide range of communications disciplines, from social media advocacy and content creation to stakeholder engagement, issues-led campaigns, and the alignment of internal communications with brand repositioning programs. Her international background will benefit both our clients and the regional PR industry as a whole,” stated Hammad.
Linaker joins MemacOgilvy after two years of operating her own social media-focused marketing and communications agency, Bounce Communications. Bounce was established to help companies of all sizes create effective communications strategies – internal and external, online and offline - that work efficiently and smoothly.
She was earlier in Google, where she led corporate communications and public affairs in Emerging Markets, a division which covered 17 countries, five time zones and 23 different languages.
Linaker began her career at Weber Shandwick, Nelson Bostock, and Kaizo after graduating with honors from Leeds University with a BA in English and an elective in Law.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps