Sell-out crowd enthralled by Il Divo magic
Manama, March 2, 2013
Thousands of music fans in Bahrain last night turned out to watch Il Divo, a multinational operatic pop vocal group created by music manager, executive, and reality TV star Simon Cowell, play a sold-out show at the Bahrain National Theatre.
The show is the grandest among flagship events organised by the Culture Ministry's Spring of Culture programme http://www.springofculture.org and its year-long celebrations of Manama as the Arab Capital of Tourism 2013.
Il Divo holds over 150 gold and platinum awards and has sold over 25 million albums and 2 million concert tickets worldwide.
The group was created by music producer Simon Cowell, who is well-known for his role as a judge on X-Factor.
The group is currently celebrating the release of their Greatest Hits collection.
Tickets for all festival shows to be held from now at the Bahrain National Theatre can be purchased at Virgin Megastore in Bahrain City Centre, while tickets for shows held at the Cultural Hall are free of charge.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain