Etihad launches global advertising campaign
Abu Dhabi, February 28, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has launched a new global brand advertising campaign, set to start on March 3 when its new television commercial (TVC) is aired.
With the theme “The World Is Our Home, You Are Our Guest”, the airline’s first major campaign in three years will be supported regional and international TV, print, outdoor, and digital media advertising.
The campaign reinforces the airline’s ‘guest’ proposition and explains how Etihad Airways draws inspiration from around the world to provide industry-leading ‘signature moments’ on the ground and in the air.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “This is our first brand advertising in many years. Having focused on product innovation and service excellence, the time is now right to make a bold and confident brand statement to the world.
“This is not a rebranding exercise, but a continuation of our brand story drawing from the values of our home in Abu Dhabi and our inspiration from around the world.”
The concept for the TVC, which is central to the campaign, was created by Etihad Airways’ international advertising agency, M&C Saatchi, and was produced by Rogue Films in London. David Edwards directed the TVC which was filmed in Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Prague and Sydney between mid-December 2012 and mid-January 2013.
The split screen technique used in the TVC juxtaposes the airline’s award-winning onboard service with lifestyle scenes from international destinations, fine dining restaurants and five star hotels around the world. This illustrates how the airline has established itself as a world leader in the provision of hospitality services by benchmarking itself against best-in-class hospitality establishments rather than other airlines.
The TVC uses high production values and a soundtrack of Bobby Darin’s 1967 classic, “Beautiful Things” to create a visually stunning TVC that brings to life the flair, glamour and inspiration of Etihad Airways and its home of Abu Dhabi.
It also highlights the airline’s dedication to sourcing the best products and ingredients from around the world to provide ‘signature’ and ‘outstanding as standard’ service to all its guests.
Tom Dery, M&C Saatchi’s Worldwide chairman, said: “This particular commercial really reflects the confidence and enthusiasm that the Etihad Airways management team has in their airline. The commercial takes the image of Etihad Airways to a new level and highlights the wonderful product they have.”
The TVC will be released in the UAE on 3 March 2013 and then across the world on 4 March 2013. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing