Expo showcases Arabic fashion
Dubai, February 27, 2013
Kuwait Fashion Expo, showcasing contemporary Arabic women’s wear and accessories, including designer wear , opened in Dubai today (February 27).
The expo brings together an ensemble of over 45 exhibitors, including well-known designers who will showcase a wide variety of their collections that are modern yet in line with the cultural sensitivities of GCC and the region.
The three-day debut expo coincides with the Kuwait National Day celebrations and seeks to revitalize the Arabic women’s fashion consciousness without compromising on cultural sensitivities, said organisers Fashion Way.
“This is the first time that a show which brings together designer collections and daily wear fashion clothing and accessories created by GCC-based designers and production houses have been brought under one roof,” said Abdullah Al Ajmy, general manager, Fashion Way, a Kuwait-based enterprise.
He said Fashion Way selected Dubai as the venue for the expo because the emirate is the fashion hub of the region where new trends in lifestyle are in high demand.
The expo will showcase different varieties of Abayas, Jallabias, ornamental accessories and other fashion paraphernalia that will have the stamp of originality produced by designers predominantly from Kuwait, Dubai and other GCC states. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app