Bahraini model nominated for Miss Universe
Manama, February 26, 2013
Bahraini model has been nominated for Miss Universe 2013, becoming the first Arab Gulf woman to take part in the largest beauty pageant in the world.
Twenty-three-year old Shaila Sabt had previously been crowned Bahrain's Top Model 2010 during a six-month-long event based on the vote of an audience, Al Arabiya was quoted as saying in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Sabt, who has a bachelor's degree in human resources, said her main dream is to become an international model and represent her country.
There have been other Arab nominees for Miss Universe.
In 2012, Lebanese-Australian beauty Jessica Kahawaty won third place in the Miss World 2012 competition, as a representative of Australia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain