Bahraini model nominated for Miss Universe
Manama, February 26, 2013
Bahraini model has been nominated for Miss Universe 2013, becoming the first Arab Gulf woman to take part in the largest beauty pageant in the world.
Twenty-three-year old Shaila Sabt had previously been crowned Bahrain's Top Model 2010 during a six-month-long event based on the vote of an audience, Al Arabiya was quoted as saying in our sister publication the Gulf Daily News.
Sabt, who has a bachelor's degree in human resources, said her main dream is to become an international model and represent her country.
There have been other Arab nominees for Miss Universe.
In 2012, Lebanese-Australian beauty Jessica Kahawaty won third place in the Miss World 2012 competition, as a representative of Australia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award