Director Michael Haneke of "Amour" speaks at
the Oscars Foreign Language Film Award Directors
Reception in Beverly Hills, California.
Fox Movies to air Oscar Awards
Dubai, February 23, 2013
For the fifth consecutive year, Fox Movies will air live and exclusive Academy Awards coverage in the region.
The show will be telecast on February 25 at 4:30 am Saudi Arabia/5:30 am UAE.
A repeat of the show – set to be the most suspenseful Oscar night ever – is also scheduled to air on Fox Movies on February 25 at 9:00pm Saudi Arabia/10:00pm UAE.
The race to Oscar night began on January 10 with the 85th Academy Awards nominations ceremony – which also aired live and exclusive on Fox Movies. This year’s nominees include Steven Spielberg’s film’s Lincoln which earned a staggering 12 nominations; Ang Lee’s Life of Pi which received 11 nominations; and Les Miserables and Silver Linings Playbook which each garnered eight nominations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- BenQ unveils new digital signage range
- UAE cinema launches first Dolby Atmos theatre
- Bahrain Wahooo! in new Guinness record bid
- Bahrain extends deadline for eContent award
- Saudi to block WhatsApp ‘within weeks’
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai to share UAE Pro League broadcast
- ME firms set for Asia's biggest infocomm show
- Emirates set for FIFA Confederations Cup
- Qatari films to showcase at UK festival
- Bahrain rights ministry on Twitter, Facebook