Jordan firm acquires mediaME
Amman, February 17, 2013
Jordan-based Reef for Software Development, the parent company of ShooFeeTV, has announced the acquisition of mediaME, the largest online community of advertising and media professionals in the Middle East, from MediaScope.
mediaME serves over18,000 registered members across the region, in addition to tens of thousands of monthly site visitors who are connected through its various platforms including mediaME.com,the mediaME weekly newsletter, the mediaME mobile application, the ME Forums and the Who’s Who series of publications.
This acquisition will facilitate mediaME’splans for growth and expansion throughout the region as it works to launch more regional events and publications, said the company in a statement.
Additionally, the mediaME.com is set to boost its reach with the launch of an Arabic versionin the near future, and plans to enhance user experience through a site and service redesign, it added.
Zeid Nasser, the founder of mediaME, said, "We are pleased with the synergies this merge brings to both the mediaME and ShooFeeTV brands, and we feel that the strength of Reef as a parent company will provide the platform we need for accelerated growth."
"The mediaME thanks its members, supporters and partners for facilitating its success over the years and we look forward to continuing to work together with all stakeholders in the expanding Middle East marketing communications industry, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE