Grammy winner to raise voice for peace
Manama, February 17, 2013
Grammy award winner and multi-platinum selling artist Michael W Smith will perform in Bahrain later this month, our sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News reported.
He will be part of the One Voice - A Prayer for Peace event, being staged by the Christian community and Bahrain Society of Tolerance and Coexistence of Religions.
The show, at the Khalifa Sports City Stadium, Isa Town, will take place on February 28 at 6.30pm.
Details of the event were confirmed during a press conference at the National Evangelical Church in Manama yesterday.
Taking place under the patronage of Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab, the show aims to bring together Bahrain's Christian community to worship God and pray for peace in one voice.
Smith will arrive in Bahrain on February 27 along with a 100-member choir after a concert in Singapore.
Tickets, ranging from BD5 ($13.15) to BD20, are available at the National Evangelical Church, St Christopher's Church, Sacred Heart Church and Nonoo exchange in Juffair, Saar and Exhibition Avenue. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain