Ras Al Khaimah mall to open first VOX Cinemas
Ras Al Khaimah, February 12, 2013
Ras Al Khiamah based-Al Hamra Mall which is located within Al Hamra Village is set to open the very first VOX Cinemas in the emirate later this year.
Local movie buffs can now enjoy a superior cinema experience with the introduction of a new eight-screen cinema, including the large screen VOX MAX concept, value oriented VIP seats or choose to watch the latest blockbusters in VOX Gold the Ultimate Cinema Experience.
Benoy Kurien, general manager, Al Hamra Group, said: “At Al Hamra Village, we aim to provide a well-rounded quality lifestyle with a mix of sports, relaxation, entertainment and leisure options.”
“With VOX cinemas opening in Al Hamra Mall, residents and visitors have another great option to explore throughout the week. While enjoying an extravagant shopping and dining experience with your family you can now round it off with a great movie at Al Hamra Mall.”
The opening of VOX Cinemas is in line with Al Hamra Group’s plans to introduce premium entertainment experiences for residents and visitors through their much awaited family entertainment arena, a statement from the company said.
Having invested in the latest digital cinema technology, VOX Cinemas will offer a superior movie-going experience featuring high resolution projection systems, eight fully digital and 3D-enabled screens showing more sessions than any other cinema in the Emirate.
It will feature the luxurious premium cinema concept VOX Gold which offers large reclining seats, a restaurant-style menu with an extensive hot food selection served direct to your seat, all within an intimate cinema environment, the statement said.
The cinema will also feature a VOX Cafe and candybar which will offer guests a large variety of traditional cinema favorites coupled with more contemporary food and beverage such as gelati, crepes, fresh juices, salads, sandwiches, french fries, pizzas, coffees, muffins and gourmet popcorns.
Tickets will be available on the VOX Cinemas website, in-cinema kiosks, iPhone and Nokia apps, the mobile website or in-person at the ticket box, it said.
Owned and operated by Majid Al Futtaim Ventures, Ras Al Khaimah will be the ninth location for VOX Cinemas. “We’re excited to announce VOX Cinemas’ newest cinema location in the northern emirates. Ras Al Khaimah is another emerging market where there is an increasing demand for premium entertainment,” said Cameron Mitchell, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Cinemas.
“Al Hamra Mall is a key area of growth, and we’re delighted to partner with the group in bringing the community’s first, state-of-the-art move experience.”
Wesam Aldora, Al Hamra Mall manager, said: “Al Hamra Mall broke ground in early January to start construction of the extension which will house VOX Cinemas, as well as a purpose designed children’s entertainment centre from one of the leading operators in the Middle East.”
Lisa Ruddock, group leasing manager, said: “The extension will add a leasable area of 70,115 sq ft to the existing 197,077 sq ft, an increase of 35 per cent. The additional retail space on the ground floor will provide for the introduction of several medium size (4,000 sq ft – 7,000 sq ft) units for international fashion stores and casual dining.”
“By the end of 2013, residents and visitors to the fastest growing area of Ras Al Khaimah will be able to enjoy in Al Hamra Mall the kind of shopping and entertainment that they would have previously had to travel to Dubai to find,” she concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain