Al-Futtaim in UAE Football partnership
Dubai, February 10, 2013
Dubai-based Al-Futtaim Motors has sealed a partnership deal with the UAE Football Association (UAEFA) under which Toyota will be the official automotive supplier to the national teams for the coming four years including the “A” team all the way through to the U13 team.
As per the agreement, Al-Futtaim Motors will supply the UAEFA with 30 Toyota SUV and Sedan vehicles in addition to full term service packages for up to 120,000 km for each car.
Announcing the UAEFA deal, Yousef Y Serkal, the president of UAE Football Association said, "Sponsors always played an important role in the development of football, especially in modern times, when this game has become the most popular sport in the world."
"We are proud to partner with corporations and national institutions that contribute to the development of this sport and provide the right support for us to reach the highest degrees of progress. We take this opportunity to thank Al-Futtaim Motors for joining family of UAEFA sponsors," he added.
Simon Firth, the managing director of Al-Futtaim Motors said the sponsorship aims at connecting with the young football players and their fans at the same time.
“We are delighted with this partnership as it gives us a chance to build a closer relationship with a young population including the players, officials and fans, in line with Toyota’s strategic focus on younger, more agile and fun cars,” he noted.
The UAE Football Association is run under the patronage of Sheikh Hazza Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the national security advisor and chairman of Abu Dhabi Sports Council.
"We understand that the people of the UAE have a strong passion for football. This rapidly growing sport has lately seen increasing support from all concerned parties, especially after the recent success of the UAE team at the Gulf Cup. We are proud to take part in the future successes of this nation and contribute to a more athletic community," remarked Firth.
Yousef Mohamed Rasool Khoury, the head of marketing committee, UAEFA said, “Football became an integral part in people’s lives around the world. This game helped improve the infrastructure and economies of many countries that have hosted its tournaments."
"We, in the UAE have shown a great interest in sport in general and football specifically. This sport managed to gain the right support from this nation’s leaders, fans and national institutions which resulted in great local, regional and international successes on the national teams’ level," observed Rasool Khoury.
"Those achievements were made possible with the help of our partners’support. Today we are celebrating the signing of a 4-year partnership with the Al-Futtaim Motors, to whom we express our deepest appreciation and gratitude," he added.
According to Firth, this agreement is the latest in a series of strategic sponsorship tie ups for Toyota in the UAE, with the aim of engaging each market segment with its favorite model, especially that the brand’s portfolio is as wide and diverse as the population of the UAE.
Al-Futtaim Motors will have an active presence at all National Teams home games engaging both the players and the audience through special activations, games and give-away distribution.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps