Top Webber-Rice musical in Dubai
Dubai, February 10, 2013
The spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s legendary musical ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ will be staged in Dubai starting next month.
The production will be staged at The Madinat Theatre from March 29 to April 13 for 20 performances.
The show will be brought to Dubai by Popular Productions, the producers behind some of the region’s biggest sell out musicals in recent times.
This theatrical extravaganza is based on the ancient story of Joseph and his resplendent coat of many colours and is one of the West End’s most successful musicals of all time.
This enduringly popular musical has charmed audiences around the world with its excitement, energy and engaging mix of musical styles—from country & western and calypso to pop and rock ‘n’ roll.
Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice are the world’s most successful creators of musicals. Lloyd Webber’s famous works include Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Evita. Rice’s include Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King.
Featuring a marvelously colourful set, costumes and a fantastic cast of leading theatrical stars from London's West End alongside some of the UAE's most talented performers this fun, vibrant musical is the perfect show for all the family, said a statement.
On stage from London’s West End the cast will include Sophia Ragavelas as The Narrator (Mamma Mia / Les Miserables / The Lion King) Rob Wilshaw as Joseph (Evita / Betwixt) Matthew Goodgame as Pharaoh (Grease / Cats / Dirty Dancing), Jay Bryce as Reuben (Oliver! / Les Miserables), Christopher Blades as Jacob (The Phantom of the Opera / The Sound of Music) and Ralph Birtwell as Simeon (Bombay Dreams / The Witches of Eastwick). The cast also includes Melanie Cripps (Chicago / Cats / Starlight Express), Daniel Jacob (Joseph / Angelina Ballerina), Stuart Reid (Grease/ Mamma Mia) and Joshua Lovell (White Christmas / Soho Cinders).
Tickets, priced at Dh195, can bought at www.josephdubai.com; www.madinattheatre.com; www.timeouttickets.com; www.boxofficeme.com; www.whatsonboxoffice.com - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps