Miliband and Baker
Miliband, Baker to attend NBAD forum
Abu Dhabi, February 5, 2013
David Miliband, British shadow foreign secretary and former secretary of state for foreign and commonwealth affairs, and James Baker, former US secretary of state and secretary of the treasury, will take part in the Global Financial Markets Forum (GFMF) being held in Abu Dhabi later this month.
Miliband will give the keynote speech on the opening day of the forum.
GFMF is the annual conference organized by the Financial Markets Division of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), the Number One bank in the UAE.
The two-day conference, which kick starts on February 27, will also feature several discussion panels including one composed of bankers from across Mena nations, which would discuss “Emerging Opportunities and Challenges in Mena.”
Influential policy-makers, acclaimed authors and academics, prominent investors and leading bankers will address, offer vital insight and analysis on the critical issues affecting global economy, said Sameh Abdulla Al Qubaisi, the general manager of Institutional and Corporate Coverage Group at NBAD’s Financial Markets Division.
“NBAD’s Global Financial Markets Forum continues to be the platform that brings to Abu Dhabi's influential power brokers and thinkers from the Gulf and across the globe.”
The Forum will begin by the keynote address by Sheikh Nahayan bin Mabarak Al Nahayan, the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research of UAE.
Michael H. Tomalin, the group chief executive of NBAD will offer the welcome address. Tomalin will also participate in the panel “A view from the top - Banking, The World, and Beyond.”
The other speakers at this year’s GFMF include David McWilliams, economist, broadcaster and author; Niall Ferguson, author of "The Ascent of Money," and many other books and a professor at Harvard and Oxford Universities; and Lawrence McDonald, economic consultant and political risk advisor.
Several CEOs and notable financial professionals and thinkers will be on discussions this year, including Eric Chaney, economist and strategist at AXA Investment Managers; Marc Faber, strategist and investment and trading forecaster; Lawrence McDonald, economic consultant and political risk advisor; Severin Cabannes, deputy CEO of Societe Generale Group; Jean Lemierre, advisor to the chairman of BNP Paribas; and Markus Diethelm, group general counsel and member of the executive board UBS. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE