Christopher Parypa / Shutterstock.com
Emirates tops brand perception ranking in UAE
Dubai, February 5, 2013
Dubai-based Emirates, one of the fastest growing international airlines, ranked number one in a survey of brand perception in the UAE, followed by Samsung and Apple.
Emirates scored 58.2 points in the 2012 BrandIndex Buzz Annual Rankings for UAE published by leading market research company YouGov.
Samsung and Apple, both new entrants to the list, scored 47 and 44.7 points respectively, while Carrefour, which slipped out of the 2011 BrandIndex Annual Buzz Ranking Top 10 List, came in fourth with 44.6 points.
The brands were ranked using YouGov BrandIndex’s Buzz score, which assesses more than 500 brands across 20 different sectors in the UAE by asking respondents: ‘If you’ve heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, and if so, positive or negative?’
Dettol dropped three ranks, from second to fifth position with a score of 44 points. Supported by growth in the tourism sector, Dubai Mall and Mall of Emirates made a strong entry onto the 2012 BrandIndex Annual Buzz Ranking Top 10 list at sixth and eighth position, with 42.5 and 41.1 points, respectively.
Luxury brand, Givenchy, witnessed the largest increase in Buzz score this year, which improved by 20.1 points.
Similar to last year, Samsung ranked second in Buzz Improvement, witnessing an increase of 15.5 points. Personal care brand, Fair & Lovely, witnessed a Buzz score increase of 12.1 points, earning them third place in the Buzz Improvement rankings.
YouGov BrandIndex is the first and only service that measures the fundamentals of brand health every day. It interviews over 25,000 – 30,000 people per year in the UAE and Saudi Arabia, which not only gives an instantaneous picture of a brand’s health, but also of the competitors and whole sector. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released