Abu Dhabi plans '1001 Nights’ Valentines dinner
Abu Dhabi, February 3, 2013
An Emirati-inspired and Arabic fusion feast under a canopy of stars is the theme for this year’s Gourmet Abu Dhabi Valentine’s dinner ‘1001 Nights’ on February 14, being hosted by Royal Catering at the Arabian Nights Village deep in Abu Dhabi’s desert.
Guests can choose to stay overnight to truly experience the mythical and timeless beauty of the desert and traditional Emirati life, said Royal Catering, one of the UAE’s leading food services innovators.
An upmarket sustainable desert camp, Arabian Nights Village has three room clusters - Beit Al Barr, traditional desert mud houses; Beit Al Bahr, the houses of Emirati sea-dwellers which are made from palm fronds; and Beit Shaar, which are woven tents in traditional Bedouin style.
The Oasis, an idyllic 200 sq m swimming pool, is the perfect place to cool down after a spot of dune bashing, quad biking, sand surfing or falconry.
“It is our desire to share with our guests the majestic soul and essence of old Arabia,” explained Murad Saket, the general manager, Arabian Nights Village, “and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than in the heart of the desert.”
Royal Catering has also designed a dedicated ‘Sweet Valentines’ menu for the evening, focusing on introducing guests to traditional Emirati family style cuisine, while also providing Arabic fusion twists.
“Lobster, salmon and oysters form the basis for a romantic introduction to the meal,” said Chef Ernst-Lothar Frank, corporate chef, Royal Catering, ”which then evolves into a highly traditional Emirati feast with traditional lamb ouzi, marinated Sultan Ibrahim fish with local spices, the cracked wheat and lamb dish of Harees, as well as Lamb Thareed and Fish Biryani.”
Desserts made with dates, honey, saffron and rosewater provide a stunning finale to the Emirati feast, lit by candles and nestled deep in the vast and sweeping deserts of Al Khatim, and offering a truly unique and unforgettable experience for this Valentine’s Day, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps