Bapco supports Bahrain autism centre
Manama, January 26, 2013
Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) made a significant donation to renovate the children’s playground at Al Wafa Centre for Autism, in order to better provide a safe, fun, and convenient environment for the children to play.
This come as part of Bapco's recently launched corporate social responsibility campaign aimed at supporting local charities and societies and make a positive difference in the lives of those in need.
Bapco chief executive Gordon Smith lauded the efforts of Al Wafa Centre in supporting children and families affected by Autism after presenting the donation to its chairperson Farida Al Moayed.
“The center is doing a commendable job by ensuring that autistic children are integrated with mainstream society with proper care and guidance from professionally qualified volunteers,” he stated.
“Through our contribution, we aim to translate our commitment to investing into the well-being of the children of Al Wafa Centre by providing them a much better and more suitable play environment while enabling them to develop vital play and social interaction skills,” he added.
Thanking Bapco for its continuous support, Farida Al Moayed, Al Wafa Centre chairperson, said its financial aid will help improve the quality of life of the children at the charitable organization.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film