Dubai highlights Expo 2020 bid at Davos
Davos, January 24, 2013
The Dubai, UAE Expo 2020 team will welcome high-level delegates, including international diplomats and senior officials, to a private country reception held during the World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland.
The reception highlights the opportunity represented by the UAE’s bid, not only for the country itself, but for economies in the region and globally.
Dubai Expo 2020 would be the most international World Expo in history with 70 per cent of the 25 million expected visitors coming from outside the host nation, providing participants with unprecedented global exposure, said a statement.
A model of the Dubai Expo 2020 site will be on display showing how the theme, Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, has been fully integrated into the masterplan with a layout designed to facilitate interaction and collaboration, it said.
Reem Al Hashimy, the UAE’s Minister of State, in her capacity as managing director of the Higher Committee for Hosting the 2020 World Expo in Dubai, commented ahead of the event: “The World Economic Forum at Davos provides us with the ideal platform to speak to the world’s foremost experts about how we will use the unique convening power of the World Expo to tackle and provide solutions to the forces that inspire global development – Mobility, Sustainability and Opportunity. The World Expo we have planned will be a celebration of new and innovative partnerships for global progress, offering enduring benefits for future generations.”
As a gateway to emerging markets across the Middle East, Africa and Asia – and with one-third of the world’s population just a four-hour direct flight away – the UAE is strategically situated to serve as a convening location to discuss the major challenges of today and tomorrow.
Dubai, UAE, is competing against four other candidate cities bidding to host the 2020 World Expo. The winning city will be announced in November 2013 following a vote by the 163 member nations of the Bureau International des Expositions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat