Abu Dhabi tourism website gets record hits
Abu Dhabi, January 16, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has received hits in excess of 1.3 million for its upgraded destination website visitabudhabi.ae within six months of its relaunch.
While the number of visits increased 27 per cent compared to the second half of 2011, the number of unique visitors increased 21 per cent and the number of pageviews 47 per cent. The average visit duration rose 34 per cent.
The total number of visitabudhabi.ae hotel searches generated in Q3 and Q4 last year was over 69,000, with the number of leads to online travel agents (OTAs) and hotel booking engines reaching over 16,900 with a conversion rate of almost a quarter. Restaurants searches came in at over 115,000.
Since last October’s launch of the site’s flight and car search e-services, over 2,000 flights were searched, generating 431 OTA and airline leads, while 126 car searches were logged.
Visitabudhabi.ae went social in September last year since when the destination has been successfully portrayed, promoted and talked about on social media channels, reaching a total Facebook audience of more than 19 million and generating over 147,883 ‘stories’, such as likes, posts, comments and shares.
Focusing on a multiple-tier digital and social media campaign - pre-event promotion, post event sharing, destination presentation, celebrity activation and competitions, visitabudhabi.ae reached a total Facebook fan base of about 90,000 and its target of 30,000 Twitter followers by the end of 2012.
The destination website’s relaunch has involved significant content upgrades including 3,000 new images and 150,000 newly-written, Web-friendly content in eight languages (English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Chinese).
New services include the integrated hotel-flight-car search, a comprehensive F&B search, online maps, and enhanced user interface with usability and accessibility as top priorities.
Following consolidated search engine optimisation, the website is highly ranked by Google generating 75 per cent of its traffic from search engines. Visitabudhabi.ae’s monthly e-newsletter, with open and click-through rates above the industry average, now circulates to 20,000 verified email recipients.
More digital enhancements in the coming months include iPhone and iPad app, spa & relaxation pages, new hotel pages and additional social media channels and applications. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released