Emirates sponsors ‘Water, Fire & Light’ show
Dubai, January 9, 2013
Emirates has announced a one-of-its-kind sponsorship of Emaar Properties’ Water, Fire & Light lake show, a visual spectacle that residents and visitors to Dubai can enjoy at Burj Lake in Downtown Dubai.
The show, which was part of the Downtown Dubai New Year’s Eve Gala, will be held every day until February 4, at 8pm and 10pm, a statement from the airline company said.
Set against the backdrop of the iconic Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building, the ‘Water, Fire & Light’ lake show narrates the story of cultural elements across the world coming together in Dubai in celebration of unity and friendship.
The show is a multimedia spectacle featuring live performances, and the water, fire and light shows on The Dubai Fountain, and is beamed on a 210-long mega screen and several water platforms with semi-transparent screens, the statement said.
“The lake show Water, Fire & Light adds another facet to the already diverse cultural calendar in Dubai, and is an affirmation of its position as a leading destination for both tourism and events,” said Sheikh Majid Al Mualla, senior vice president, commercial operations, Emirates. “The show is a reflection of Dubai’s cosmopolitan spirit, and is a perfect complement to the city’s growing ambitions of driving economic growth through varied initiatives. In that, we share a similar vision of establishing Dubai as a global city that promotes cultural initiatives along with business growth.”
The lake show features 79 artists from around the world who were involved in the production, which was specially produced by the team behind the Beijing and London Olympics, and New Year celebrations in Sydney. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat