Sony Mobile, Rotana in music video tie-up
Dubai, January 7, 2013
Sony Mobile Communications has partnered with the Rotana Audio Visual Group, a member of Rotana Holdings, for a new music video showcasing the latest Sony Xperia offering, Xperia TX.
Lebanese pop star Elissa’s latest music video “Assaad Wa7da” directed by Selim El Turk airs on Rotana channels including Rotana Mousica and Rotana Clip as well as Rotana’s official YouTube channel.
Filmed in Lebanon, the music video uses the latest visual effects placing it on par with leading international productions. Fresh and stylish with contemporary décor, the overall mood of the clip is natural, particularly in the dance frames, according to a statement.
Hady Hajjar, head of Marketing for Rotana Audio Visual Group in the Middle East, said: “Our long standing relationship with Sony Mobile has allowed us to build a solid understanding of the company and its brand. This allows us to identify opportunities such as Elissa’s video clip where the Sony Xperia brand culture easily integrates into the content and vivacious mood.”
Recent research indicates that effective product placement significantly contributes to top-of-the-mind recall, recognition, and choice among consumers. Through this marketing approach, Sony Mobile aims to communicate the message of how its products are seamlessly integrated into people’s day to day life, the statement said.
Spyridon Gousetis, director of Marketing, Sony Mobile Middle East and Africa, said: “Sony Xperia smartphones are more than just a technology device and offer a world of exciting experiences. Whether you choose to create, listen, share, or simply play, our smartphones proactively match your multiple expectations and enhance your lifestyle.”
“Elissa is a highly popular and much admired singer throughout the Middle East. We are delighted to watch her interact with the Sony Xperia brand. In addition to playing a part in the content, the product’s presence has also allowed Elissa to learn about Xperia’s unique proposition,” he added.
The music video opens with Elissa enjoying a dance routine in the company of her partner in their simple, warm home. The couple then begin an exhilarating journey that transforms their home into a modern night club full of people dancing.
At the end of the clip, Elissa and her significant other leave the night club and run into the street that is again packed with people dancing. The Xperia TX features as a natural component of the entire set-up, the statement said.
In earlier tie ups with the Rotana Audio Visual Group, Sony Xperia smartphones have featured in the music videos of stars including Amal Hijazi and Saber Rebai. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE