Abu Dhabi Festival early bird offer to end soon
Abu Dhabi, January 6, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Festival’s early bird ticket offer, which provides a 25 per cent discount on ticket prices across the programme, will draw to an end at midnight on January 11.
Tickets for the Brazilian music icon Gilberto Gil and his concert ‘A Taste of Brazil’ are on sale to the general public, a statement from the organisers said.
Gil is one of the pioneers of Tropicália, whose career spans more than 46 years. The former Brazilian Minister of Culture is also a Grammy-Award winning Unesco Artist for Peace who has released 52 albums, received 12 gold records, 5 platinum albums, 7 Grammys and has sold more than 4 million records worldwide.
The event will include a night of myriad styles; from samba to bossa nova and reggae to rock. The concert takes place during the 10th anniversary edition of the Abu Dhabi Festival and marks Gil’s debut appearance in the UAE.
‘A Taste of Brazil’ will take place at the Emirates Palace Auditorium on March 23. Tickets are priced at Dh350 ($95.3) for the diamond category and Dh250 for pearl category. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released