Abu Dhabi Festival early bird offer to end soon
Abu Dhabi, January 6, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Festival’s early bird ticket offer, which provides a 25 per cent discount on ticket prices across the programme, will draw to an end at midnight on January 11.
Tickets for the Brazilian music icon Gilberto Gil and his concert ‘A Taste of Brazil’ are on sale to the general public, a statement from the organisers said.
Gil is one of the pioneers of Tropicália, whose career spans more than 46 years. The former Brazilian Minister of Culture is also a Grammy-Award winning Unesco Artist for Peace who has released 52 albums, received 12 gold records, 5 platinum albums, 7 Grammys and has sold more than 4 million records worldwide.
The event will include a night of myriad styles; from samba to bossa nova and reggae to rock. The concert takes place during the 10th anniversary edition of the Abu Dhabi Festival and marks Gil’s debut appearance in the UAE.
‘A Taste of Brazil’ will take place at the Emirates Palace Auditorium on March 23. Tickets are priced at Dh350 ($95.3) for the diamond category and Dh250 for pearl category. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain