Du joins 'Thank You' initiative
Dubai, January 3, 2013
UAE's telecom company Du has announced the launch of a number of initiatives to support the ‘Thank You’ campaign launched by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Sheikh Mohammed has recently announced that his Accession Day celebrations be dedicated to thanking and honouring domestic workers, janitors, public transportation drivers, construction workers and office support workers.
An external initiative will see du organising an open air extravaganza with screening of the Hindi blockbuster ‘Dabangg’ followed by popular music videos at the Sonapur labour camp, on January 4 from 6:00 pm-10:30pm, a statement said.
There will be exciting giveaways at the ‘alo’ outlet in Sonapur with popcorn and refreshments available for everyone. du also opened the floor for its employees and the wider public to be part of the event. Volunteers interested in supporting du’s initiative on January 4 may write in to firstname.lastname@example.org or respond on du’s Twitter handle @dutweets.
Additionally, du is running an internal campaign to appreciate and celebrate the company’s support staff, which comprises office assistants and facilities teams.
“We are inspired by this noble and generous gesture from HH Sheikh Mohammed, and with the support of our employees and volunteers we are proud to participate in the ‘Thank You’ campaign. We ahave planned a fun-filled evening for residents of Sonapur labour camp through entertainment activities to express our gratitude and appreciation for their contribution to make the UAE the best place to live in. I am confident that the generosity of our du family will shine through to make this a memorable initiative for all involved,” said Hala Badri, executive vice president, Brand and Communications, du.
In the past, keeping in mind the needs of the large expatriate labour workforce, The Permanent Committee of Labour Affairs in Dubai and du launched ‘alo’, a unique customised Pay as you Go mobile service, specially developed for this segment in the UAE offering advantages of zero upfront or renewal fees and calling benefits.
The ‘alo’ line also serves as a communication link between the labour committee and workforce, allowing them to keep in touch with them by providing them with labour notifications, changes in labour laws, labour news etc via SMS on their ‘alo’ line, the statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released