Bahrain Bay site chosen for Gulf Cup broadcast
Manama, December 31, 2012
Bahrain Bay Development, a $2.5 billion project in Manama, has partnered with Abu Dhabi Sport Channels, enabling the broadcast of football matches and activities of the Gulf Cup (Bahrain 21) from the Bahrain Bay site.
The Gulf Cup is taking place from January 1 to 18 at Bahrain National Stadium and Khalifa Sports City Stadium.
The decision was made after a team from Abu Dhabi Sport Channels (ADSC) researched a number of locations and sites which could be consistent with the aspirations and standards of ADSC as well as a unique location that meets the satisfaction of the channel’s viewers across the world.
Head of sport production and operation at Abu Dhabi Media, Khalil Al Saffar said: “I am thankful to Bahrain Bay for approving our request in broadcasting the Gulf Cup (Bahrain 21) from their attractive waterfront location that meets our technical and broadcasting standards.”
Abdulla Faisal Al Doseri, Bahrain Bay’s deputy chief executive officer said: “Abu Dhabi Sport Channels are one of the world’s leading channels and I am truly privileged that they chose Bahrain Bay to be the centre of the broadcast. I wish them all the success in the future as well as the Gulf Cup (Bahrain 21).”
As per the agreement, ADSC will use the grounds of Bahrain Bay to broadcast the Gulf Cup as well as provide the technical services, support and safety measures required from Bahrain Bay.
In return, ADSC will provide Bahrain Bay with media coverage for advertising the development and progress of the project.
Abu Dhabi Sport Channels has proceeded with the transfer of equipment to the Bahrain Bay site for the completion of the studio, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released