Popular Productions invites auditions for ‘Joseph!’
Dubai, December 30, 2012
Popular Productions, the producers behind one of the region’s biggest sell-out musicals, has announced Dubai auditions for a new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice’s musical ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’.
Recent plays by Propular Productions include Oliver!, the award-winning The Sound of Music, Blood Brothers and Annie.
Webber and Rice are two of the world’s most successful creators of musicals. Webber’s famous works include Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Evita. Rice’s include Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and The Lion King.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat will give local talent the chance to work with an award-winning expert creative team and star on stage alongside West End performers in this fantastic production at Dubai’s number one theatrical venue – The Madinat Theatre, a statement from the company said.
This theatrical extravaganza is based on the ancient story of Joseph and his resplendent coat of many colors and is one of the West End’s most successful musicals of all time, featuring a brilliant fusion of rock, pop and many other music styles and includes the hit songs Any Dream Will Do, Close Every Door and Pharaoh’s Song.
The producers are seeking UAE-based singers, actors, dancers and all-round performers to appear in the show which will run for twenty performances in March and April 2013. Auditions will be in Dubai and are free, fun and open to anyone aged between 7 to 60 who have the talent and desire to be part of this experience, the statement said.
The production is done in association with The West End Stage Experience, which is the original provider of theatre training and performance experiences in the UAE with seven highly successful productions to its name including Oliver!, The Sound of Music, Disney High School Musical, Annie, Disney High School Musical 2, Fame the Musical and Disney’s Camp Rock.
These productions have been seen by 50,000 people in the last few years and give performers the chance to experience a real example of working in the professional theatre in a fun but disciplined environment.
There is a training fee applicable for the successful auditionees which covers license costs, three weeks of rehearsals and training workshops and the performances.
Joseph is produced by John Payton & Lucy Magee for Popular Productions and is licensed by the Really Useful Group.
“We are so excited to be bringing this legendary musical to Dubai. Joseph is the perfect show for all the family to see. It’s fast-paced, fun and one of the most enjoyable theatrical experiences for performers and audiences as it really does have ‘something for everyone’,” Magee said.
“We’re delighted to be auditioning in Dubai – all the roles are available to audition for and the UAE has plenty of fantastic talent which we know will work perfectly alongside our select West End professionals in the show.”
“There are roles for adults and younger performers from the ages of 7 to 60. We are always overwhelmed by the hundreds of applicants who show up to audition and we cannot think of a more diverse show to suit the many talents of the UAE,” she concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat