ArtintheCity invites designs for ArtBus
Dubai, December 30, 2012
ArtintheCity in partnership with the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority have announced an open call to UAE-based artists to submit their design proposals for the ArtBus, which returns in the month of March next year.
The artists selected from the open call will be commissioned by Dubai Culture to create artwork to be featured on the ArtBus, transforming it into a moving artwork, a statement from ArtintheCity said.
The ArtBus commission initiative offers locally-based artists the chance to work with a unique exhibition format, whilst also enabling them to reach a wide audience across Dubai.
Artists who have created artwork for the ArtBus in previous years include Zainab Al Hashemi, Saeed Al Madani, Sheikha Bin Daher, Maryam Al Falasi, Tulip Hazbar and Nada Khaled.
Individual applicants can download the project brief and application form from the Dubai Culture or ArtintheCity website, and should be submitted by January 12, 2013, the statement said.
The theme of this year’s ArtBus commission is ‘UAE: Then and Now’, and applicants should aim to interpret this in their artwork.
Three artists will be selected and commissioned by ArtintheCity and Dubai Culture to create their proposed artworks, which will be printed and wrapped onto the ArtBus as it travels across Dubai in March, it said.
As in previous years, the ArtBus will follow three daily routes across Dubai from March 20 to 23, 2013, including the three major art hubs - Al Quoz, Jumeirah/Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, and DIFC/Downtown. Tickets will be available in 2013 from ArtintheCity and Time Out Tickets, at the rate of Dh50 ($13.61) per person per day/route. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps