Eric Abidal wins Audi Football award
Dubai, December 30, 2012
Barcelona star Eric Abidal has been honoured with the 'Globe Soccer Player of his Career' award at the third annual Audi Football Night in Dubai hosted by UAE-based Al Nabooda Automobiles.
In a glittering gala event, part of the Dubai International Sports Conference, Abidal was presented the honour by Chayne Brand, the marketing director, Audi Middle East and Alexandre Rosell, president of FC Barcelona in front of many of the game’s biggest names, including Real Madrid coach Josè Mourinho and Atletico Madrid’s ace goal scorer Radamel Falcao.
Presented by Al Nabooda Automobiles, the official dealer of Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, the awards event took place at the Armani Hotel on Friday as part of the prestigious annual meeting dedicated to leading transfer market operators.
An illustrious awards panel comprising 13 top representatives in the world of sport, including former England manager Fabio Capello, Portugal’s star Luis Figo, Dr Ahmad Al Sharif, secretary general of Dubai Sports Council and Mohamed Al Kamali, secretary general UAE National Olympic Committee decided the winners in each of the 10 categories.
Other winners on the night were Atletico Madrid for Globe Soccer Club of the Year, Diego Maradona for Player of the Century and Hassan Mohammed for UAE Goal Scorer of the Year.
Chayne Brand said: “Football is one of the key sports in the UAE and the Middle East and we are very honored to host and support the Globe Soccer Awards in their 4th edition. Around the world, Audi stands for sportiness and dynamism and it is a pleasure to help further the growth and intercontinental integration of football.”
Organised by BC Bendoni Communication in collaboration with the Dubai Sports Council, Globe Soccer has become one of football’s most exclusive events, creating a platform for discussions among key players and managers on the game’s key issues.
The event is dedicated to the football market operators who, together with the clubs, leagues, federations and football institutions, are able to extend their network of contacts and bring themselves up to date with the most important current issues.
Besides Maradona, the new ambassador of the Dubai Sports Council, the other VIP guests included president of the Union of Football Associations Michel Platini, Miguel Anghel Gill Marin, CEO and owner of Atletico Madrid.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat