Samsung sponsors album of top Jordanian band
Amman, December 27, 2012
Samsung Electronics, a market leader in consumer electronics, announced its sponsorship to launch a new album named El Makina by top Jordanian rock band Jadal.
Bumsok Hong, president of Samsung Levant, said: “We are pleased of our continuous support to Jordanian talents, and to be part of sponsoring one of the greatest and most unique Bands in Jordan, Samsung Electronics sponsorship for this artistic event, comes from its firm belief in the important role music and art plays in the youth community.”
Through the previous years, Samsung Levant has focused its attention on the Jordanian youth and sponsoring their talents, starting from kids at the Madrasati initiative, where Samsung aimed to provide children with the proper educational environment and tools to set them on the right track, to adopting the young talented fashion designer Raya Bsharat at the Mercedes Fashion Week held in Amman, in addition to sponsoring BAB Concert that gathered a large number artists under one roof.
Jadal, the Jordanian rock band was first established by musician and composer Mahmoud Radaideh in 2003 when they released El Tobah (Repentance), a cover of Abdul Halim Hafez’s legendary love song their musical style, coined as Arabic Rock, then released the song Salma followed by Bye Bye Azizi and various other songs that led into a huge success among the Jordanian and Arabic youth culture to be later coined as an Arabic rock band.
The launch of the new album will take place on December 29 at Virgin Mega Store, City Mall in Amman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing