New-look Oman tabloid hits stands
Muscat, December 26, 2012
Sabco Media, one of Oman’s leading media houses and a unique cross platform of integrated communication channels, has launched a new and improved version of its popular weekly tabloid Y.
Bold and informative, the new ‘Pulse of Oman’ will now be published on Wednesdays from Muscat to Sohar to better suit the public’s various needs and lifestyle trends based on an extensive readership survey that was conducted last month, said the company in a statement.
The new publication will also have a number of new sections that cover events, food, fashion and nightlife amongst others, it added.
Commenting on the launch, Eihab A Abutaha, the CEO of Communications said, “The new Y will truly transform the weekly tabloid experience in Oman by delivering engaging, relevant and dynamic content. It will also serve as a visually enhanced medium with focus on world-class and contemporary aesthetics."
Abutaha pointed out that Sabco had conducted a comprehensive readership survey as it was crucial for the company to better understand readers' preferences and various expectations. "This resulted in delivering an on-point publication that caters to a broad and diverse spectrum of readers," he added.
Penny Fray, the new managing editor at Y believes Sabco has created something special. "We’ve searched, found and distilled local knowledge to make this an essential weekly guide to Oman by covering the very best in lifestyle while staying true to Y’s brand promise of being edgy, thought provoking and riveting," she added.
Covering a range of platforms that appeal to Omanis and expats alike, the new Y will serve the needs of business and lifestyle by shedding the spotlight on key influencers, entrepreneurs and other active members of the community while serving as a holistic and entertaining guide for exploring culture and society.
Abutaha said the media house is also excited about Y’s new team of energetic writers and editors "who bring in international expertise, passion for journalism and operational innovation."
Y has also strengthened its online presence recently as it is currently developing a fresh and modern website that will be functioning in the coming weeks with a number of added value features.
Sabco Media is a unique cross-platform of media channels in radio, outdoor and publishing. Its portfolio of products includes Al Wisal 96.5, Merge 104.8, Outdoor Media, Y, Koooora Wa Bas, and Mediate.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film