Ithmaar backs education scholarship fund
Manama, December 25, 2012
Ithmaar Bank, a Bahrain-based Islamic retail bank, helped support a local charity that provides an Education Scholarship Fund (ESF) for children of financially challenged families.
Established by the Pakistani Women’s Association (PWA), the ESF helps children escape the poverty trap and, in doing so, helps increase the level of enlightenment in society.
Ithmaar’s cheque in support of the Fund was presented to the PWA president, Azra Mohammed Mohsin, by Ithmaar Bank chief executive officer and member of the board, Mohammed Bucheerei.
“As a pioneering Islamic bank, Ithmaar recognises the important role that education plays in developing our society at large and, more importantly, the significant role we must play in supporting such initiatives,” said Bucheerei.
“The PWA has been engaged in contributing to local charities for the past fourteen years and the ESF is one of their most important charitable initiatives. We are privileged to be able to help support this noble initiative,” he added.
“The Fund currently supports more than 100 children in the current academic year,” said Mohsin.
“The scholarship recipients have worked hard to remain in the programme and they are relying on the Fund’s financial support to fulfil their aspirations. This, in turn, is possible only because of the generous support of people and organisation like Ithmaar,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE