Ithmaar backs children with special needs
Manama, December 24, 2012
Ithmaar Bank, a Bahrain-based Islamic retail bank, recently helped support a local charity that provides recreation and educational facilities to children with special needs.
Established by Bahrain’s Indian Ladies Association (ILA) in 1987, Sneha is a unique facility that provides a recreation facility for children with special needs where they learn basic life skills and also functions as a support facility for the families of these children.
Ithmaar’s cheque in support of the facility was presented to the ILA honorary president, Nalini Vipin, by Ithmaar Bank chief executive officer and member of the board, Mohammed Bucheerei.
“As pioneering Islamic bank in Bahrain, Ithmaar recognises the important role it must play in supporting the local community,” said Bucheerei.
“The ILA’s commitment to “service before self” and, in particular, its Sneha project which provides free support to children of all nationalities, make perfect partners for us and we are delighted to be able to support such a noble cause,” he said.
“Sneha has grown into a renowned facility that supports 20 children where 25 dedicated volunteers and two qualified teachers help them acquire skills in functional literacy, self-help skills and arts and crafts,” said Vipin.
“This is possible only because of the generous support of people and organisation like Ithmaar Bank because Sneha is funded solely through donations and programmes organised by the ILA,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps