Visa, OSN in new e-commerce tie-up
Dubai, December 24, 2012
Visa has announced a new e-commerce partnership with OSN, a leading pay-TV network in Mena, which is expected to help in enhancing online transactions, drive volumes and increase online purchase frequency.
As part of the partnership that will run till January 31, 2013, Visa debit and credit cardholders who apply for a new direct subscription for OSN packages will receive a wide array of benefits.
The offer will be valid across the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan and Lebanon.
Visa cardholders subscribing for the OSN Platinum Extra HD package during the promotion will receive the benefits of free installation/ administration fees and Showbox, besides a complimentary second connection of a kids’ package in addition to each subscriber receiving 10 OSN box office movies free of cost.
Subscribers who opt to purchase the Premium Plus HD package will receive free installation, a 50 per cent discount on their OSN Plus Box or Showbox in addition to receiving a free HD decoder on Premium Plus, Movies Plus and Family Plus packages.
Hamad Malik, chief marketing officer, OSN said: “Partnering with the leading global payments technology company, VISA, reaffirms our commitment to provide more flexibility and convenience when subscribing to OSN.
“With all major banks participating, this offer is the perfect opportunity for customers to enjoy irresistible offers on our state-of-the-art HD hardware which will further complement the viewing experience.”
“We are happy to announce this joint initiative with OSN to reward our customers across the Mena region” said Karim Beg, head of Marketing for Visa in the Mena region.
“Through this partnership, Visa cardholders will have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive benefits and deals on new OSN subscriptions. This endeavor is expected to drive e-Commerce volumes for Visa across the region, and boost cross-border purchases.
“Visa offers one of the most comprehensive sets of payment products in a secure environment and we continually innovate by enhancing our products and services and are committed to bringing the benefits of electronic payments to more people in more places. This partnership with OSN across Mena is a step in this direction to promote the use of electronic payments in the long-term,” he added.
The new e-commerce tactical campaign is being marketed through online channels, including their website osn.com/visa, print and digital advertisements as well as direct communications. The promotion will be offered to customers through their local banks enabled by Visa’s payment network, product suite and brand.
OSN is the leading pay-TV network in Mena offering a range of brand new premium Western, Arabic and Filipino entertainment through its 100+ channels. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans