Rotana reviews 2013 strategic plans
Riyadh, December 23, 2012
Rotana, one of the largest TV networks and ad sales operations in the Middle East region, held its key meeting in Riyadh where members reviewed and discussed the strategic plans for 2013.
A diversified media company in the Middle East, Rotana is the largest producer of Arabic music and a key distributor and producer of Arabic movies with a library comprising more than 1,600 movies.
News Corporation, a global media giant with operations in six industry segments: cable network programming; filmed entertainment; television; direct broadcast satellite television; publishing, owns a 19 per cent stake in Rotana.
The meeting, which was chaired by Saudi Prince Alwaleed, also discussed Rotana’s acheivements in 2012. The board members included Dr Walid Arab Hashem, the vice chairman, Fahad Alsukait, the CEO from Rotana Group, Gary Davy of Media Corp, Charlotte Burr, the head of Strategy and Development, Asia Pac, News Corp, John Ireland, CFO Rotana Group and James Ward, Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel attended.
In another development, Rotana announced the appointment of Nada Alsugair, the executive director, Finance and Administration, Prince Alwaleed’s Private Office, as its new board member.
Addressing the mambers, Prince Alwaleed said, “I reaffirm my full support to Rotana and its management. I am happy with 2012 achievements and look forward to higher achievements in the years to come.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation