Rotana reviews 2013 strategic plans
Riyadh, December 23, 2012
Rotana, one of the largest TV networks and ad sales operations in the Middle East region, held its key meeting in Riyadh where members reviewed and discussed the strategic plans for 2013.
A diversified media company in the Middle East, Rotana is the largest producer of Arabic music and a key distributor and producer of Arabic movies with a library comprising more than 1,600 movies.
News Corporation, a global media giant with operations in six industry segments: cable network programming; filmed entertainment; television; direct broadcast satellite television; publishing, owns a 19 per cent stake in Rotana.
The meeting, which was chaired by Saudi Prince Alwaleed, also discussed Rotana’s acheivements in 2012. The board members included Dr Walid Arab Hashem, the vice chairman, Fahad Alsukait, the CEO from Rotana Group, Gary Davy of Media Corp, Charlotte Burr, the head of Strategy and Development, Asia Pac, News Corp, John Ireland, CFO Rotana Group and James Ward, Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel attended.
In another development, Rotana announced the appointment of Nada Alsugair, the executive director, Finance and Administration, Prince Alwaleed’s Private Office, as its new board member.
Addressing the mambers, Prince Alwaleed said, “I reaffirm my full support to Rotana and its management. I am happy with 2012 achievements and look forward to higher achievements in the years to come.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema