Strong GCC hitech media 'vital'
Manama, December 22, 2012
A strong GCC media keeping pace with the latest technological advancements is vital to confront major security challenges, said a report citing a top Bahrain government official.
The media is the first and foremost weapon and the most dangerous challenge facing the GCC states is the weak media, Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab told GCC Voice Radio in an interview.
The media has a great role to play in fulfilling the dream of Gulf unity, the minister was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
She called upon all decision-makers to absorb the real meaning of media as a true weapon. "Security challenges today are concerned with reform in the region, while the media doesn't address real reform and welfare," the minister said.
She also stressed the importance of a media that adopts key vision and concepts in raising awareness of young people.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film