Strong GCC hitech media 'vital'
Manama, December 22, 2012
A strong GCC media keeping pace with the latest technological advancements is vital to confront major security challenges, said a report citing a top Bahrain government official.
The media is the first and foremost weapon and the most dangerous challenge facing the GCC states is the weak media, Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab told GCC Voice Radio in an interview.
The media has a great role to play in fulfilling the dream of Gulf unity, the minister was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
She called upon all decision-makers to absorb the real meaning of media as a true weapon. "Security challenges today are concerned with reform in the region, while the media doesn't address real reform and welfare," the minister said.
She also stressed the importance of a media that adopts key vision and concepts in raising awareness of young people.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider