Strong GCC hitech media 'vital'
Manama, December 22, 2012
A strong GCC media keeping pace with the latest technological advancements is vital to confront major security challenges, said a report citing a top Bahrain government official.
The media is the first and foremost weapon and the most dangerous challenge facing the GCC states is the weak media, Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab told GCC Voice Radio in an interview.
The media has a great role to play in fulfilling the dream of Gulf unity, the minister was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
She called upon all decision-makers to absorb the real meaning of media as a true weapon. "Security challenges today are concerned with reform in the region, while the media doesn't address real reform and welfare," the minister said.
She also stressed the importance of a media that adopts key vision and concepts in raising awareness of young people.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Iran director's 'secret film' wins praise at Cannes
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013