Batelco wins gold award for CSR excellence
Manama, December 19, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company, has won the Gold Award for Excellence in CSR (corporate social responsibility) by the Arab Organisation for Social Responsibility and Tatweej Academy for Excellence.
Batelco Public Relations manager Osama Alsaad collected the award on behalf of Batelco at the recent third annual awards ceremony in Dubai.
For the second year, Batelco was presented with the award in recognition of its comprehensive CSR programmes.
The awards have been designed to honour and recognise individuals and organisations that have demonstrated excellence across a range of fields that serve the Arab society. Prominent figures from the private and public sectors across the Arab world travelled to Dubai to participate in the prestigious gala event.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco is honoured and delighted to have been selected from amongst many leading regional companies as the winner of this prestigious award.
“This is the second year that we have been successful in taking home this award, which recognises our great contribution to health, education, sports and arts/culture in the Kingdom of Bahrain,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps