Harib to make Image Nation's new film
Abu Dhabi, December 13, 2012
Mohammed Saeed Harib, the award-winning Emirati creator of the Middle East’s first 3D animated series, Freej, has signed with Image Nation Abu Dhabi to direct the company’s next local feature film.
The as yet unnamed sports comedy is scheduled to be filmed in the Emirates in spring 2013 and is planned for a fall 2013 release.
The film will be Image Nation’s third local production, following ‘Sea Shadow’ (released last year), and the supernatural thriller ‘Djinn’, also set for release in 2013.
The family-friendly comedy is set in the UAE, and follows the story of a disgraced former football player seeking redemption and a second chance at life by coaching a rag-tag team of high school students at a public school.
Mohammed Al Mubarak, chairman of Image Nation, said: “Image Nation is committed to the development of a prospering film and production industry here in the UAE, and we are thrilled to announce the addition of Mohammed Saeed Harib to lead our latest project.”
Harib is the creator and producer of Freej, the hugely popular animated TV series which follows the lives of four old Emirati women living in a secluded neighborhood in modern day Dubai. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing