Dubai launches new film, TV commission
Dubai, December 13, 2012
The Dubai Film and TV Commission (DFTC) was officially launched today to promote Dubai as a leading film and production location.
The body is now the sole entity authorized to issue audio and visual media production permits for producers of TV, film and commercials wishing to shoot in Dubai, said a statement.
DFTC was unveiled during a roundtable session hosted by the commission and a panel of key film and TV decision-makers at Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF). The event also saw the commission’s branding and website revealed for the first time.
Jamal Al Sharif, chairman of Dubai Film and TV Commission said: “Dubai has always been a popular place for film and commercial makers to shoot thanks to its range of locations and sophisticated infrastructure. The number of productions has grown year on year and we have already seen an 8 per cent increase in 2012 compared with 2011, on top of that, production budgets have risen steadily in the past year.”
“The launch of our website will help further drive production as more local and international producers look to develop their projects in Dubai,” he said. “DIFF provides the perfect platform for us to engage in a dialogue with industry leaders on how we can work together to continue driving the growth of the television and film industry in the emirate.”
With a mandate to increase media production in Dubai, DFTC promotes the emirate as a filming destination for local, regional and international productions across a range of mediums, including film, television, corporate videos, advertisements and online content. As part of this mandate, last week DFTC signed a strategic partnership with MBC Group to occupy the recently established sound stages in Dubai Studio City, further enhancing Dubai as the premiere location for content creation and production.
DFTC was created in May 2012 by an Executive Decree under the directive of Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and chairman of the Executive Council. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released