Roger Barton and Janez Zigon
Salam Media Cast appoints key officials
Doha, December 12, 2012
Salam Media Cast (SMC), a leading media systems integration company, has announced that Roger Barton and Janez Zigon will join its Doha HQ as sales manager and head of Technical Services respectively.
Paul Hennessy, CEO of SMC, said: “SMC is strengthening its businesses locally and internationally. We are focusing on the development of our team, acquiring international talent to deliver the highest quality customer experience possible. We are delighted to welcome Roger and Janez to the team at this exciting time, as we embark on our next stages of growth.”
Barton will help cement Salam Media Cast’s reputation as the go-to SI in the Mena region, leading an experienced sales team to deliver customers with the latest solutions, innovative products and services.
He joins SMC following a successful career spanning more than 20 years, including five spent in the Middle East.
“It’s exciting times ahead for Qatar and the region, with the FIFA World Cup 2022 and the Qatar 2030 Vision,” Barton said. “As a Qatari owned company, it’s extremely important that we do our part to contribute to the future growth of Qatar and I’m very much looking forward to leading the opportunities that exist and helping to develop the Salam Media Cast business.”
Zigon joins SMC with 20 years of experience in broadcast systems integrations as managing director of Pro Motions in Slovenia.
In his role at SMC, Janez will manage operations from a technical perspective from bid creation to execution and maintenance.
“I’m looking forward to working as part of an exceptional team in Doha with an organisation that has established a strong regional presence and reputation. I hope to transfer my international expertise to my new role and help further SMC’s technical capabilities, fostering a real technical team that will ultimately increase revenues,” Zigon said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event