One Republic to headline Dubai jazz event
Dubai, December 10, 2012
Chillout Productions has announced that American pop rock band One Republic will perform at the forthcoming Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival at Dubai Festival City on February 14, 2013.
“Today’s announcement marks an important milestone for the 2013 edition of the Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival. One Republic are renowned for their extensive radio airplay on leading stations around the globe as well as their highly energetic performances that have rocked many stadiums and inspired music lovers the world-over,” said Anthony Younes, CEO, Chillout Productions.
“The festival will cater to lovers of many musical genres. In addition to the previously announced artists 3 Doors Down and Deep Purple, the One Republic performance will offer our fans from across the GCC an opportunity to indulge in musical delight as the award-winning pop rock ensemble is set to play countless hits from their extensive musical repertoire,” added Younes.
One Republic released a brand new hit in August this year, called Feel Again, and announced that an upcoming album will be launched soon. The band donated a large portion of the hit single’s proceeds to the Save the Children’s Every Beat Matters Campaign which aims to support training frontline health workers around the world.
“The appeal of One Republic goes beyond just making music. The band constantly strives to give back to the society and the Save the Children campaign is a testament to that fact,” Younes said.
One Republic’s current line-up consists of Ryan Tedder on vocals, Zach Filkins on guitar and backing vocals, Eddie Fisher on drums, Brent Kutzle on bass and cello, and Drew Brown on guitar.
The band’s confirmation as a headline act coincides with today’s launch of early bird ticket specials exclusively for MasterCard holders, Emirates Airline and Skywards members. Ticket sales for the general public will be announced soon.
The Emirates Airline Dubai Jazz Festival 2013 will go on till February 22, 2013at Festival Park, Dubai Festival City. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps
- Many digital services in region ‘under-served’