Arinc to display new system at Meba
Dubai, December 10, 2012
Arinc Direct EMEA, a leading flight services solution provider, will be showcasing its Connect Communications System at the upcoming Middle East Business Aviation (Meba) show in Dubai.
Meba 2012 is running from December 11 to 13 the new Al Maktoum International Airport, Dubai World Central.
The new system, which provides a cost-effective and reliable communications service, offers three distinct capabilities in one portable device – complete ACARS messaging, utilizing an iPad application as the user interface, high quality voice using an iPhone or Android device, and managed email.
Using the Iridium or Inmarsat Satellite networks, the Arinc Direct Connect system enables global connectivity and provides a simple, seamless user experience for both pilots and passengers.
For existing Arinc Direct customers, the ACARS messaging functionality is completely interoperable with their Arinc Direct online account, a statement said.
It is also completely integrated into existing Arinc Direct iPad applications. With two channels, the system supports simultaneous voice and data communications or even two simultaneous voice calls.
Arinc Direct’s new ADConnect, the aviation softphone application for iPhone and Android smart phone users enables business travellers to stay connected anywhere in the world using their personal smart phone whilst onboard, rather than requiring a dedicated aircraft handset.
The phone app uses a Web-based configuration service programmed with customer's accounts based on individual aircraft tail numbers.
Also at Meba, Arinc Direct will be promoting its new partnership with FlightAware which has been further enhanced for live flight tracking information.
Arinc Direct customers can now seamlessly benefit from access to FlightAware’s live web-based flight tracking and fleet maps, including streaming live flight and map updates, worldwide enroute navigation data and a host of other maps and overlays.
Messaging the aircraft, worldwide position and flight plan display, arrival and departure information, flight history and airport delay information are also included.
“This is fertile ground for Arinc and we are delighted to be expanding our portfolio of services and resources in readiness for the growth,” said James Hardie, director, Arinc Direct. “Our ability to support the widest cross-section of customers with continually evolving products and innovations is an advantage that is the envy of our competitors.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps